My Love Affair

With stage, film and music…

Ever since I was young, stage plays and musicals are a part of my life. Public television and radio were the only two sources at the time. My family was so poor then. We could not afford tickets for live performances staging nightly at various local theaters in the city.

Not until my family and I immigrated to the States in the winter of 1992, I had given the opportunity to get acquainted and experience different culture. Through the new journey, I learned to appreciate and embrace Broadway stage plays and musicals, classic and contemporary Hollywood movies and the American music.

At the same time, I did not forget to get in touch with my Asian roots. I found my way back by learning the languages and studying the culture diversity among Asian countries.

As I’m now finding myself enjoyed going to Broadway shows on tour at a local theatre, listening to Hong Kong music, watching Korean television series and learning Japanese Kanji characters brought by the Chishikiyoku Project, it is quite an educational experience.

Being a Vietnamese of Chinese heritage living in the States gives me the best of both worlds, East and West. I’m proud of who I am.

Comments

Popular Posts