About

My Abido is conceived with the purpose for putting together a personal online book catalog and media collection of for easy reference.

With My Abido, I would also want:
  • to pass on some (and hopefully useful) insights into what I’m collecting
  • to share with you all my personal thoughts on each piece; whether it’s about a book I read, a music album I have listened or a television series that I’m following.
At the same time, I like to hear back from you as you comment on things.

This blogging project is supposed to be entertained. So, it’s okay to tell me:
"Mei, you’re abido!"

What’s with the name?
Abido is English romanization shorthand for the Vietnamese phrase: À bì dớ.

Even in Vietnamese, the phrase does not have any meaning.

I was told by my parents that I used to utter such phrase earlier in my childhood whenever there was a request for me to sing a song.

Up till now, my parents still take it as something amusing. They do recollect from time to time – for their sole purpose in teasing me :)

Come to think about it, it is quite interesting as I found out from urbandictionary.com that the word abido is used to describe "anyone who has been an utter fool and needs to be told".

And yes, I took it positively and decided to use it in naming this blog.

Popular Posts